September 27, 2033

For many years, New York has been considered a perversion, a rotten town full of dirty streets and outrageous people. A wayward city hooked on drugs. It’s fast, intense and doesn’t seem to take a break. In order to fit in, you have to adapt quickly. Otherwise, you take the risk of being left behind [...]

August 5, 2033

Female serial killers are rare compared to male serial killers. Women make up only 15% of serial killers while men fulfill the other 85%. Compared to males who mostly kill for sexual gratification, females usually take a more pragmatic approach to killing people off. They usually kill for profit and power. This kind of motivation [...]

June 25, 2033

It's like I'm in infected with a disease. Strong, incurable and fatal. Matthew. He's in me, and I can't seem to be able to push him out. When I'm awake, I think about him, and when I'm asleep, I dream about him. Scarcely a day goes by when he doesn't cross my mind. Last night, [...]

June 16, 2033

In America, a violent crime happens every thirty seconds. The attacks almost always take place in small towns, in the rural backwoods or in the suburbs somewhere. However, they also take place in big cities like New York. And a lot of times when they do, the circumstances around them are murky at best. They're [...]

May 30, 2033

Resorting to the geographical cure by moving to New York only seemed to trigger and reinforce my longing for Matthew. The idea of moving there initially came across as refreshing especially since the city itself felt like it’s been beckoning me for a while now. However, I know so well that the desire to move [...]

May 4, 2033

Some people commit crimes in the heart of passion and then sloppily dispose of the body and evidence while others plan the murder for months — sometimes even years, and then work out the best ways to cover their tracks. Staging a crime scene requires a lot of attention. The way the elements are moved, [...]

April 27, 2033

Being a forensic photographer is not for the faint-hearted. Whether it’s photographing a woman with gushed out organs or a reeking decaying human body, you have to keep it together at all times. Being the pessimistic that I am, I find a lot of comfort in dealing with death and tragedy. The overwhelming feeling of [...]